French braids are such great braids to know because when you know it by heart, you can through your hair up into a braid in no time and walk out the door with nice styled hair!
This post is all about how to do french braids!
Learn how to french braid as a beginner
When you do a french braid you can add the hair into the braid in 2 different ways. This is the first way of adding hair. This is the way I find the easiest way to braid, but if you do not like the way this tutorial show, then give the other way a try! (video will be linked further down)
If your hair is really slippery and it makes it hard to braid, then try out a texturing powder. It gives the hair some more grip, which will make it easier to braid as the hair won’t slip around. I have linked the one I use myself below!
Things you might need to create a french braid
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page click here.
French braid step by step guide
Time requirement: 10-15 Minutes
Skill level: Medium
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO FRENCH BRAID
- Take a section of hair at the top of the head and part it into 3 equal sections
- Then take the right strand and cross it over and into the middle
- Then take the left strand and cross it over and into the middle
- – Now the braid is started off so now you are going to add hair to the braid
- Again take the right strand and cross it over and into the middle
- Then take a new section of hair on the right side and add it to the middle strand (the strand from step 5)
- Then cross the left strand over and into the middle
- Then take a new section of hair on the left side and add it to the middle strand (the strand from step 7)
- Repeat steps 5-8 until there is no more hair you can add to the braid
- When there is no more hair you can add to the braid, then braid the rest of the hair like a basic 3 strand braid
- When you reach the end of the hair pinch all 3 strand together to one and tie the braid of with an elastic
More french braid tutorials
How to french braid your own hair for complete beginners
If you want to learn how to french braid your own hair, then check out this video. I have put all my french braids videos together into 1! I show every single step and you can just follow along (slow the video down if I go too fast) and braid your own hair with me!
How to french braid (2 way to add hair to the braid)
This is the video showing you a different way to add hair to the french braid, which will be the preferred way for some! You will get the same braid whether you choose this method of adding hair to the braid or the other option above. So just choose the one that makes the most sense for you!
How to double french braid step by step
Double french braids are so cute! In this tutorial, I show you how you can style your hair this way! It’s perfect for heatless overnight waves in your hair and that way it only takes minutes to style your hair in the morning!
This post was all about how to single french braid as a complete beginner!