Dutch fishtail braids are perfect as a summer hairstyle! This braid is so easy to do once you got the hang of moving the hair around. There are only 2 strands, so it’s a lot easier to do than a regular french braid or dutch braid.
A dutch fishtail braid does take a while to do because you have to take really really small sections, but it´s so worth it looking at the finished braid!
This post is all about dutch fishtail braids!
Things you will need to create this braid
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page – click here to read.
Find all of my recommendations on hair products here – Clik here to read!
How to dutch fishtail braid your own hair
As written before, it does take quite a while to do a dutch fishtail braid, but if you want to do the dutch fishtail braid quicker, then just take some bigger sections when you add hair to the braid.
Taking bigger sections of hair will change the appearance of the braid, as some of the details lie in the small sections, but you will get done faster and still have a beautiful braid!
If a dutch fishtail braid is too difficult for you or you just want something that’s a bit quicker to do, then I have linked a basic fishtail braid tutorial down below for you to check out!
Dutch fishtail braid step by step guide
- Take a small section of hair at the top of your head and split the section into 2 equal sections
- Grab a small section of hair from the right strand
- Then cross it under and add it to the left strand.
- Grab a small section of hair from the left strand
- Then cross it under and add it to the right strand.
- Again grab a small section of hair from the right strand + some new hair from the right side
- Cross the small section + the new hair under and add it to the left strand.
- Then grab a small section of hair from the left strand + some new hair from the left side.
- Take the small section + the new hair under and add it to the right strand.
- Repeat steps 6-9 until there is no more hair to add to the braid.
- With the rest of the hair, braid a reversed fishtail braid until you reach the end of the hair.