This pull through braid updo is the most perfect updo for a wedding or any special occasion. It looks so elegant and classic and it will last all night long, as it’s made with elastics and will not fall out!
This post is all about how to create an easy pull through braid updo!
This “braid” is super easy to do as it requires no braiding because only made out of small ponytails so everyone can do this braid!
Because this hairstyle is only made with elastics, it can be a pain to take out. So here I would recommend buying an elastic remover, that easily cuts the elastic out with out pulling or cutting any hair out! You can find the tool below in the “Things you might need” section.
THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED TO CREATE THIS HAIRSTYLE
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page – click here to read.
How To Pull through braid updo for beginners
Pull through braid updo step by step
Time requirement: 25 minutes
Braiding level: Medium
- Take a vertical section of the left side of the head and secure the hair into a ponytail
- Take a new vertical section next to the previous one and create a second ponytail
- Now split the first ponytail in half
- Pull the second ponytail through the 2 halves and clip the ponytail out of the way
- Now create a new ponytail and include the 2 halves to the new ponytail before securing it
- repeat steps 3 – 5, 3 more times until all the hair is tied up (5 ponytails in total)
- Now pull in the sides of the loops to give the braid lots of volume
- For the hair hanging down, take the top ponytail and split it in half
- pull the 2 halves around the bottom ponytail and secure the hair with an elastic, so you have created a loop around the other ponytail
- Pull in the sides of the “loop” to give the hair volume
- Repeat steps 8-10 until you reach the bottom of the hair
- Take the tail of the braid and wrap it under the main braid and secure it with some bobby pins
Other pull through braid hairstyles
How to basic pull through braid
If you have never tried a pull through braid, then try out this basic tutorial, showing you the basic technique. This is a great substitute for a basic 3 strand braid, but it will take a bit longer to do.
How to pull through braid for beginners
This pull through braid is a great alternative to a dutch braid. It will take a bit more time to do, but it’s going to last all day, and it’s easier to do than the regular dutch braid.
How To Pull Through Braid Your Own Hair For Beginners
Pull through braiding your own hair is very easy to do and you don’t need that long hair to create the braid! It will last all day long and you can do a single braid as the video shows or create cute double braids!
This post was all about how to do a pull through braid updo for complete beginners!