French rope braids look so cute and have a unique braiding pattern! There is so much detail and it’s a great alternative to the regular french braid or dutch braid!
This post is all about how to do french rope braids!
Rope braid your own hair for beginners
Rope braids are such a versatile braid! You can use it in a sleek trendy ponytail, for boho half-up half downs, and in updos for special occasions! There is so much you can do with this braid!
If you have done the double french rope braid and don’t want the ends of the braids to hang down after braiding, then take the ends and twist them into 2 buns, so you get a braided bun style instead!
Things you might need to create this hairstyle
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page click here.
French rope braid step-by-step guide
Time requirement: 15 min
Skill level: Medium
- Split your hair down the back of your head and clip one aide away with a hairclip so it’s out of the way
- Now brush your hair through so there are no tangles
- Then take a small section of hair at the top and split the hair into 32 equal sections
- Now twist both strands towards your face a few times
- Then cross the bottom strand over the top strand so they switch place
- Now pick up a new section of hair on the same side as the top strand
- Then add the new hair to the top strand and twist the strand a few times to incorporate the new hair into the strand
- Now pick up a new section of hair next to the bottom strand
- Then add the new hair to the bottom strand and twist the strand a few times to incorporate the new hair into the strand
- Again take the bottom strand and twist it over the top strand so they switch place
- Repeat steps 6-10 until there is no more hair you can add to the braid
- Now do a basic rope braid in the rest of the hair and then tie the braid of
Other braided hairstyles you might like!
How To Rope Braid Your Own Hair For Beginners
If you have never done a rope braid before, then here is an easy beginner-friendly tutorial on how to rope braid your own hair as a complete beginner! From here you can level up your skill and do french rope braids in no time!
How To Single French Rope Braid Your Own Hair For Beginners
If you don’t want a hairstyle with a double french rope braid but love the twisted look, then a single braid might be for you! To elevate this hairstyle you can leave some hair down to frame your face or if you have bangs leave them out and style them afterwards. It gives a feminine and classic look!
Simple Hairstyles for beginners – 1 Braid 6 Hairstyles
If you find the french versions of the rope braid hard to do, then here are 6 hairstyles you can do from a basic rope braid! There are half-up and half-down hairstyles, pigtails, ponytails, buns, and more! So many options!
This post was all about how to do french rope braids step by step for beginners!