When valentine day rolls around the corner you can find heart-shaped products everywhere, so why not do a heart-shaped hairstyle for the occasion! It looks a lot more difficult than what it really is, the only braid you need to know how to do, is a basic 3 strand braid!
This cute half up half down hairstyle is perfect if you want to go all out for valentines day and take your hairstyle to the next level! This braided heart hairstyle could also be perfect for little bridesmaids as it´s very cute and perfect for a wedding.
This post is all about how to create a beautiful braided half up half down hairstyle
Things you will need to create this braid
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page – click here to read.
Easy half up half down hairstyle for beginners
A half up half down hairstyle is a great style to do, as it´s a very romantic and feminine hairstyle and it keeps your hair out of your face, so win-win!
If you are looking for another half up half down hairstyle, then check out my playlist with all the half up hairstyles I have filmed (Click here – “Half up Half Down hairstyles Playlist”).
You can do this hairstyle on straight, wavy, or curly hair, it will look great! I decided to curl the hair as it give a softer look to the overall hairstyle.
Braided heart hairstyle step by step
- Take a section of hair from both sides and tie them together on the back of the head
- Split the section of hair into 3 sections (the right and left sections should be bigger than the middle one)
- Braid the right and the left section in a basic 3 strand braid
- Flip the 2 braids up and clip them down, so they are out of the way
- Take an elastic and wrap it around the bottom of the braids, so you create a little loop
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair (Video tutorial: How to cover an elastic with hair)
- Braid the last section of hair in a basic 3 strand braid
- Takedown the 2 braids and tie all 3 braids together and shape the 2 braids as a heart
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair
This post is all about how to do a braided heart half up half down hairstyle step by step for beginners