Valentines day is just around the corner, and whether you are going out or staying home it’s a great occasion to try out some fun hairstyles, so here are 4 hairstyles that fit the theme of romance perfectly!
This post is all about valentines day hairstyles!
To make these hairstyle work the best, you need to have medium to long hair! If you have some extensions to put in your hair to give extra length, even better!
If you want your half-up half-down hairstyle to have a more soft and feminine look, then simply curl or wave your hair – but this looks beautiful with straight hair as well!
In this video, there are only half-up half-down hairstyles, so next year I might do something else!
How To Braided Hearts – Valentines Day Hairstyles – Half Up
THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED TO CREATE THIS HAIRSTYLE
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page – click here to read.
Find all of my recommendations on hair products here – click here to read!
Braided Valentines day Hairstyles step-by-step
Valentines day hairstyle no. 1
- Take a section of hair from both sides and tie them together on the back of the head
- Split the section of hair into 3 sections (the right and left sections should be bigger than the middle one)
- Braid the right and the left section in a basic 3 strand braid
- Flip the 2 braids up and clip them down, so they are out of the way
- Take an elastic and wrap it around the bottom of the braids, so you create a little loop
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair (Video tutorial: How to cover an elastic with hair)
- Braid the last section of hair in a basic 3 strand braid
- Takedown the 2 braids and tie all 3 braids together and shape the 2 braids as a heart
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair
Valentines day Hairstyle no. 2
- Grab the top part of your hair and tie it into a ponytail, so you have a half up half down
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair (click here to watch an easy tutorial on how to)
- Split the ponytail into 2 equal sections and clip one side away with a clip so it’s out of the way
- Take a small section of hair closest to the elastic and split the hair into 3 equal sections
- Now braid the hair like a lace braid only adding hair to 1 side (while shaping the hair like half a heart)
- Repeat steps 4-5 on the other side so you have 2 halves
- Bring the 2 halves together in the middle and tie them together
- Undo the ends of the braids and cover the elastic with hair (See step 2)
Valentines day Hairstyle no. 3
- Grab the top part of your hair and put it into a ponytail, so you have a basic half-up half down
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair – (Click here to see how to do it in 3 easy ways!)
- Create a hole/split the hair in the middle in the hair above the elastic
- Flip the elastic under and up through the hole you just created
- Split the ponytail into 2 equal sections and pull 1 to each side
- Grab both ends of the ponytail and tie them together to create a heart
- Optional: cover the elastic just like you did in step 2
Valentines day Hairstyle no. 4
- Grab a small section from each side of the head and tie them together at the back of the head
- Grab a second section below the first section and split the hair into 3 equal sections
- Braid the hair into a basic 3-strand braid
- Repeat step 3 on the other side, so you have 2 braids
- Now bring the hair under and up the not braided strand of hair
- Then bring it down over and then under the braid again, so you have created a circle
- Repeat step 6 on the other side so you have 2 halves of the heart
- Bring the 2 braids together in the middle and tie them together to create the bottom point of the heart
- Remove the elastics from the bottom of the braids and untangle the braid you haven’t used
This post was all about 4 braided valentines day hairstyles you can wear on February 14th!