Get your braiding skill ready, because this one is a tough one! This braided heart half up hairstyle took me a few tries to get right, but I love how it turned out!
This is not a hairstyle you can do on yourself, so grab a friend and get braiding!
This post is all about how to create a heart half up hairstyle!
THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED TO CREATE THIS HAIRSTYLE
The links below are affiliate links. That means that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through the link and make a purchase. Read more on my disclosure page – click here to read.
Braided Heart Half Up Hairstyle – Valentine’s Day Inspired Half Up Half Down – Medium & Long Hair
HOW TO DOUBLE PULL THROUGH BRAID STEP BY STEP FOR BEGINNERS
Time requirement: 30 minutes
Braiding level: Advanced
- Grab the top part of your hair and tie it into a ponytail, so you have a half up half down
- Optional: Cover the elastic with hair (click here to watch an easy tutorial on how to)
- Split the ponytail into 2 equal sections and clip one side away with a clip so it’s out of the way
- Take a small section of hair closest to the elastic and split the hair into 3 equal sections
- Now braid the hair like a lace braid only adding hair to 1 side (while shaping the hair like half a heart)
- Repeat steps 4-5 on the other side so you have 2 halves
- Bring the 2 halves together in the middle and tie them together
- Undo the ends of the braids and cover the elastic with hair (See step 2)
This post was all about how to create a beautiful valentines day inspired heart half up hairstyle!